Wondering whether or not to get school ERP software for your school? The below 7 reasons why school management software is important will help you decide.
Schools no longer need to depend on outdated, time-consuming paperwork processes, thanks to school management software solutions.
Major enterprises like Amazon and Starbucks have been using ERP systems for years to enhance operational efficiency; now schools also have a unique version to enjoy similar benefits. Essentially, school management software enables you to:
- easily collect and handle student data
- improve the entire operation efficiency
- improve the accuracy of essential school management processes
Unique school ERP solutions enhance how you manage student data, staff salaries, quarterly budgeting, and collect fees, to name a few.
Learn more about school management software and how it can help modernise and improve your school’s operations in this detailed post.
What is School Management Software, You May Ask?
We also call them student management systems or school ERP software—they are unique platforms built for schools to oversee, customise, and automate daily, time-consuming school operations.
Much like Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software helps businesses manage assets, staff, and cash flow, school ERP software provides similar benefits for learning institutions to enjoy.
And while you may have similar requirements as other institutions, using generic software could leave you lacking important, smart features to run your school more effectively.
Unlike other student management software providers that offer individual solutions to meet certain needs, SchoolTry provides a complete suite that includes everything a school may need down the road. Other edtech software providers may vary, but SchoolTry offers several smart features, including:
- Computer-Based Tests (CBT): This unique, powerful feature is every school principal’s dream. With it, you can set (or import) questions, automate marking, review performance, and eliminate malpractices. And it’s compatible with both smartphones and web portals.
- Financial Management System: This smart feature makes it possible for schools to reimagine how they manage finances with a focus on automation, transparency, and productivity. With it, you can manage financial processes with a fully equipped financial module for adjusted trial balance, income & expenditure, accounts, and balance sheets.
- SMS Integration: Your school needs a way to communicate more effectively with all stakeholders. This smart communication feature allows you to send text messages and push notifications to keep everyone updated and informed.
7 Reasons Why School Management Software is Important
School ERP software solutions have become an important tool for educational institutions. These tools are built to help schools streamline daily administrative tasks, improve communication, and boost overall efficiency.
With the right software, you can deliver better education and improve both staff and student outcomes. The following are 7 reasons why school management software is important in this internet age:
01. Automate Processes With School Management Software
School ERP software automates vast administrative tasks, including student attendance tracking, grade calculation, and generating reports. This, in turn, reduces the workload of school administrators and teachers, allowing for more free time to attend to other important matters.
02. Access Information Easily With School Management System
School management software, such as SchoolTry, makes it easier for the school admin, teachers, students, and parents alike to access important information.
Such information may include student data, academic performance, and records of attendance, to name a few. This makes it easier to track individual students progress and identify areas where they need to improve.
03. Improve Data Security With Student Management System
School management software reduces the challenges and risks of handling student data. It provides better security for student data as the system’s admin portal is secured with a strong password.
This means that only those with the login details can access this information. And it’s usually the school administrator (or principal) that has the logins and full access to this important information.
04. Communicate More Effectively With SMS Integration
There’s an SMS integration feature that makes it easier for schools to communicate with all stakeholders.
The smart SMS Integration feature has so far proven to be very effective and beneficial, especially to teachers and parents. This is because teachers can directly send messages, homework assignments, and other important notifications to parents, so they can also stay informed and get involved in their children’s education.
05. Improve Operational Efficiency With School ERP Software
There’s a good reason to believe that student management software improves overall efficiency.
Because what else would you call it (if not improved efficiency) when heavy administrative tasks are streamlined, time-consuming paperwork is eliminated, and communication between stakeholders is improved?
The system truly helps you save time and money, allowing you to focus on other important matters and become even more productive.
06. Customize Reporting With the Best School Management Software
The best school management software provide customizable reporting options. This enables your school to generate reports on student attendance, academic performance, and other significant metrics.
You can then use those reports to identify areas that need improvement and make an informed, data-driven decision.
07. Deliver A+ Level of Teaching With SchoolTry ERP Software
SchoolTry ERP software makes it possible (and easier) for teachers to collaborate with their colleagues to deliver what we call an A+ level of teaching. The platform makes it possible for teachers to share lesson plans and helpful resources, improving overall performance and teaching quality.
Schools no longer need to rely on outdated, time-consuming paperwork processes. Not in today’s technology-driven world, with several school management software providers offering better solutions.
But with so many available, varying software solutions, you may need to be extra keen when finding a solution for your school. Before purchasing a subscription, it’s important to evaluate any potential student management software provider to see if their product is secure and meets your needs.
You don’t need to look far to find the best solution for your school. SchoolTry offers a customizable solution that is specially designed for K–12 schools and tertiary institutions. Request a free demo today to learn how SchoolTry could benefit your school.